Synopsis of Why You Might Want To Hire Me
Hi, My name is Jonathan Blain, it would be my pleasure to help you!
I don't know how you came to be reading my website, but I do know what it is like landing on someone's site, and trying to work out who they are, what they stand for, what they can offer, and whether it is of any use to me.
When I look at someone's site, I want to get to the heart of who they are, what is their story etc. Subconsciously, I tend to liken other people to someone else I know, or know of. If you know someone is an accountant, a nurse, a computer programmer, a salesman, a trainer etc., you know what to expect, to an extent.
If we had just got in a lift / elevator, and you said to me: "who are you, and what do you do?", I wouldn't find it easy to tell you, because I am a bit of an enigma, and find it very difficult to liken myself to anyone else. I understand the importance of an elevator pitch, probably more than most, because I would like to work with you, I shall do my best to explain.
- I am an international best selling author with 12 non-fiction books published and over $3.8m of sales.
- My work has previously been endorsed by nine CEO's of UK top 1,000 companies including companies such as Apple, Sony, Carphone Warehouse, St James's Place and the Director General of the Institute of Directors and even the Second Sea Lord of the Royal Navy.
- My areas of specialisation are wide ranging and increasing, but include: Job Hunting and Career Problem Solving, Innovation and Creativity, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Technology (ERP and CRM), Sales and Marketing, PR, Helping others to write and publish non fiction books in record fast time and a whole lot more.
- I have had a wide variety of business and life experiences, been a Royal Naval Officer, Worked for the then world's fourth largest company, in a whole variety of different roles, been self employed a business owner, had a joint venture business with a FTSE 100 company, floated my company, made £20m+, lost it again, spent nearly five years as CEO of a Quoted Plc, and generally had some fairly spectacular highs and lows, faced upteen challenges and tried to learn from every experience both good and bad. If you watch my video biography, and some of my other videos, you will see I have done plenty of different things, rubbed shoulder with some very impressive people at many different levels in different walks of life, and been fortunate enough to have had my work endorsed by many of them. I have been on national and international TV, radio, Papers etc.
- I am an author, professional speaker, consultant, trainer, coach, mentor, non-executive director, thought leader.
- I like to live in the real world, see things how they are and strive to make things better. I am an optimist, very positive and believe we all have the potential to make a significant difference.
My Professional Mission
To "Help People Live Better Lives, Run Better Businesses and Make The World a Better Place"
To help other people to make a difference, to provide an edge, to lead, to innovate, to pioneer and to drive positive progress, to create step changes, breakthroughs, to overcome challenges, leaving a positive legacy for future generations professionally and personally.
I am a pioneer, I love leading, finding the best and inventing, imagining, innovating, coming up with new ideas, techniques and strategies, trying to find out how to be better, achieve more, win and drive progress and success.
Having ideas is one thing, but I am an adventurer and entrepreneur, who turns ideas into action and results. As you can imagine it doesn't always work, and the outcomes can be painful, but everything is a learning experience, the more times you fail the more you learn. Of course I have had plenty of successes along the way too.
I am a maverick, challenging, pushing, stretching.
I want to be a force for good, I care about the world and people, and want to "help make the world a better place for future generations".
I am an "Explorer, Adventurer and Innovator in Life and Business"
- I have an inquisitive mind, and a hunger for knowledge and experience, I am continually Exploring searching for answers.
- I am also an Adventurer, a man of action, a risk taker, who has the courage to lead and pioneer, to find the edge and push back the boundaries.
- I am also the Innovator, with a huge imagination, inventing, creating and trying things out.
I Help People See, Think and Act Differently - To Positively Change Their Status Quo and Get The Results They Desire.
We all see the world from our perspective, from where we are, and that becomes our reality, and perhaps our certainty. I have learnt from psychology that we all see the world as we are, not necessarily how it is. I sometimes think back to the early sailors, sailing uncharted waters, who honesty and genuinely believed the world was flat and that if they weren't careful they could sail off the edge of the world. To them it seemed beyond doubt. Now we know that the world is not flat, it is round, and we won't sail off the edge, and what they thought now seems ludicrous.
If you change your perspective, challenge yourself, you will discover, that you, like everyone else, holds some beliefs, that are either plain wrong, or beliefs that are holding you back and limiting your achievements. Often these are collective beliefs, but that doesn't mean that everyone can't be wrong. Just think of how everyone (top academics, world leaders, politicians, business leaders and ordinary people) believed that the practices which led to economic boom, wouldn't result in financial meltdown and economic collapse? Smoking was seen as great and cool, until people realised that it was a drug of mass death.
If you metaphorically climb a mountain, you can see what is the other side, if you sail to the horizon, you can see what it beyond. It is pioneers who do this, innovators, scientists, philosophers etc. This is the territory that I enjoy, because it can bring, cures, success beyond your wildest dreams, and a whole lot more.
Once you open your eyes to new possibilities, it enables you to start thinking about things differently, which in turn enables you to do things differently or to do new things that you could have never previously imagined, in other words to act differently!
I can help you to do all of these things....
I have been both Conventional and Unconventional
I think one of the things that sets me apart, is that I have spent the best part of a lifetime in the normal conventional world, with everyone else, but have in parallel, been jumping into the unconventional world, doing things that most ordinary people wouldn't dream of doing. I feel connected with the conventional world and understand how things work, how people feel, and what goes on, because I have been there, seen it, done it, got the T-shirt, and the scars to prove it. At the same time, I have found opportunities to live at the edge in life and business, and feel connected to that world too for the same reasons, I have been there, seen it, done it, got the T-shirt and scars to prove it to.
I think the world has many conventional and many unconventional people, but I believe I am unusual in having experienced so much of both worlds, from a very early age, and I think that gives me a unique edge, which I hope can be of benefit to you.
Examples of The Conventional World
- I had a relatively conventional upbringing.
- I joined the Royal Navy as an Officer, just before the Falklands War.
- On leaving the Royal Navy, I spent nearly 10 years working for the Mobil Corporation (then the world's fourth largest company) in a wide variety of roles.
- On leaving I became Self Employed, then a business owner.
- I have done and experienced most of the things that ordinary people, do and experience (both good and bad).
- For nearly twenty years I have an involvement in early years education (Montessori).
Examples of The Unconventional World
- When I was just 13 I went on a week long adventure with a school friend and walked approx 120 miles across Wales.
- I became an international best selling author writing a book on the computer software SAP and then went on to write loads more of which 11 are published. They have been endorsed by hugely impressive people including nine CEO's of UK top 1,000 companies, including Apple, Sony, Carphone Warehouse, St James's Place, The Director General of the Institute of Directors, The First Sea Lord of the Royal Navy and lots more.
- I have survived a hurricane at sea and also been shipwrecked in mid Atlantic, resulting in a record breaking rescue.
- I have responded to an emergency on the Piper Alpha Oil Rig, Arrested Fishing Boats in the North Sea, Been involved in Diplomacy and rubbed shoulders with Royalty.
- I have been ambushed in Thailand and jumped out of a moving vehicle, had an encounter with Guerillas in the Philippines, and had simply loads of lifetime adventures.
- I entered a joint venture with a FTSE 100 company from a company running out my bedroom, and subsequently floated my company, with a record breaking IPO, making approx. £30m, then losing it.
- I have spent nearly 5 years as CEO of a Publicly Quoted Company.
- I have appeared many times on Regional, National and International TV, Radio and in the big National Papers.
- I have been to Iraq when Saddam was in power, provided advice to the Ministry of Planning, and travelled extensively throughout the world.
- I have spoken at the House of Commons.
- I have invented countless things, pushed numerous good causes.
- I have operated at the highest levels and the lowest levels.
- I have experienced severe personal challenges and overcome them.
- This list is just a tiny selection of the more unconventional things I have done.
1. Ideation - the creation of ideas.
2. Strategy - how to achieve things.
3. Activation - the art of doing and making things happen.
4. Positivity - Optimistic, always friendly, kind and working with a good heart and good intent to be a force for good.
5. Persuasive Communicator - Teaching, Helping and Supporting others
Are You Ready To Take Things To The Next Level?
I can help you to do this.
I am the guy you need to call in when: the going gets tough, when you are facing challenges, when you want to change your status quo, take things to the next level, problem solve, trouble shoot, turn things around, drive performance improvement, achieve breakthroughs, remove the barriers that are holding you back, get a vision, strategy and plans, when you need motivation and inspirations, an injection of drive, passion, energy, enthusiasm, positivity, get up and go, courage to make difficult decisions and tough actions, when you want to lead to win, to drive progress etc. I think you get the gist!
Whilst it is good to know what you are, it is also good to know what you are not. If you want ordinary, conventional, run of the mill, traditional, I'm not your guy.
Please have a good look around this site, I actually have many other specialist sites for specialist solutions that I offer. In the current economic climate I have become a leading specialist in job hunting and careers advice. If you are busy and your time is valuable and you would like to write a book in just 10 days, with my support, every day, I can help you to achieve that.